LA COUNTY SPENT $730,000 IN SURPLUS FUNDS TO EXPAND A DTLA MUSEUM NEAR SKID ROW INSTEAD OF COMMUNITY FACILITIES FOR THOSE ON SKID ROW
In 2019, Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors unanimously approved a motion to spend $730,000 in Prop A funding to expand the Chinese American Museum in DTLA near Skid Row. Prop A funds provide an additional $319 million dollars annually for the development, acquisition, improvement, restoration and maintenance of parks, recreational, cultural and community facilities and open space lands. This $730,000 surplus funds could have been used to restore, maintain, develop community facilities to help some of the tens of thousands who remain homeless on skid row. As Supervisor, I will work to make lower taxes a reality by recommending the County refund surpluses to tax payers if the funds cannot be first used to address crisis issues.
Housing and homelessness are critical issues in LA County. But so is lowering our taxes. As many residents work longer hours to cope with the rising cost of living and stagnant wages, they fear for their financial prosperity. By reducing the county gas tax, residents with long commutes may add more money to their savings or use for rainy days and routine expenses. As Supervisor, I will work to make lower taxes a reality by recommending the County refund surpluses to tax payers if the funds cannot be first used to address crisis issues.
Vote for Desiree T Washington for Supervisor
March 3, 2020
- Reduce / Eliminate Homelessness
- Lower Taxes
- Curb Over-Development, Reduce Traffic & Over-Crowding
- Improve Rideshare Safety & Wages, and AB5
- Foster Equal Pay and Equal Opportunities
- Strengthen Environmental Protection (Air and Water Quality/Fire Abatement)
- Support less restrictive 2nd Amendment right to bear arms
- Support Modification or Qualified Repeal of SB 54 re Immigration and Sanctuary